Rules for Submitting Photographs
Following are the rules for submitting a photograph for inclusion in the 2022 Ridgeback-a-Day Calendar, which is a 365-day, spiral-bound, desktop-style calendar with a different picture of a Rhodesian Ridgeback each day. Submission of a photograph does not guarantee inclusion in the calendar. The selection of photographs for the 2022 calendar will be made at the sole discretion of Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue, Inc. ("RRRInc"). RRRInc reserves the right to accept or refuse any photograph for inclusion in the 2022 calendar for any reason in its sole discretion. Photographs will not be returned.
- Photographs of all Rhodesian Ridgebacks may be submitted. Dogs DO NOT have to be rescue dogs. Purebred, ridgeless, and mixed-breed dogs may be submitted, provided, however, that any ridgeless or mixed-breed dog submitted should reasonably look like a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Multiple dogs may be included in one picture.
- Candid or professional photographs may be submitted under the following conditions:
- No show or conformation pictures will be accepted;
- No pictures with people will be accepted, EXCEPT for pictures with children under the age of five (5) years;
- Traditional, printed photographs and digital, scanned, or other electronic images will be accepted; digital, scanned, or other electronic images must be submitted by email to email@example.com or on disc to the address below. Low-resolution electronic images (e.g., under 300 dpi) might not be accepted;
- If a professional photograph is submitted, it must be accompanied by evidence that the original photographer has authorized the use of that photograph for inclusion in the calendar;
- RRRInc will not pay a fee for the use of any photograph.
- There is no limit on the number of photographs that may be submitted, provided that each photograph is accompanied by a separate "Submission and Authorization Form."
- Photographs may be submitted with a preferred day for display. If your photograph is accepted for inclusion in the calendar, best efforts will be made to display it on or near one of your preferred days; RRRInc cannot guarantee, however, that your photograph will appear on any of your preferred days.
- Each calendar page will display the dog's(s') call name(s) and an "I'm a Rescue" medallion, if it is a rescue dog. Photo submitters may also include additional information in a caption that can accompany each photograph in the calendar up to a maximum of 100 characters, including spaces. Such additional information could include:
Dog's registered name; kennel name; owner's name; owner's city; or any other brief or creative comment or description (see previous calendars for samples and ideas!)
Advertising or other commercial offerings in a caption are not acceptable.
- If your photograph is accepted for inclusion in the 2022 Rhodesian Ridgeback Calendar, then you will be charged a Submission Donation (see below) for each photograph accepted. Payment of your Submission Donation must be included up front with your Submission and Authorization Form. Fees sent with rejected photographs, along with any rejected paper photographs, will be returned to you following completion of the project. One calendar may be pre-ordered at a discounted, pre-order price for each photograph submitted (see below). Delivery of pre-ordered calendars is anticipated by late fall 2021. The Photo Submission Donation is tax deductible only for U.S. taxpayers to the extent allowed by law. The calendar purchase price is NOT deductible.
- If your mailing address changes after you place your calendar(s) order, you must notify RRRInc as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org -or- Ridgeback-a-Day Calendar, Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue, Inc., PO Box 39108, Washington DC 20016-9108, USA. Failure to do so may result in non-delivery of your calendar(s). RRRInc will not replace calendars for non-delivered orders that are the result of failure to notify RRRInc of a mailing address change. The cost of replacement calendars and related shipping charges will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
- All photograph submissions must be received by the stated deadline.